Professor emeritus Ole-Johan Dahl (1931 - June 29 2002) was a Norwegian computer scientist and is considered to be one of the fathers of Simula and object-oriented programming along with Kristen Nygaard.
Some early papers
- Multiple index countings on the Ferranti Mercury computer / by O.-J. Dahl. Oslo: Norwegian Defence Research Establishment, 1957.
- Programmer's handbook for the Ferranti Mercury Computer, Frederic at the Norwegian Defense Research Establishment / By O.-J. Dahl, and Jan V. Garwick. - 2nd ed., Kjeller : Norwegian Defence Research Establishment, 1958.
- Automatisk kodning : et prosjekt ved Forsvarets forskningsinstitutt.
- Simscript implementation / by Vic Bell and Ole-Johan Dahl. Oslo : Norwegian Computing Center, 1963.
- Basic concepts of SIMULA : an ALGOL based simulation language / by Ole-Johan Dahl and Kristen Nygaard. Oslo: Norsk regnesentral, [1965?].
- SIMULA : a language for programming and description of discrete event systems : introduction and user's manual. Oslo : Norsk regnesentral, 1965.
- Discrete event simulation languages : lectures delivered at the NATO summer school, Villard-de-Lans, September 1966 / by Ole-Johan Dahl. Oslo : Norsk regnesentral/Norwegian Computing Center, 1966.
- SIMULA : an ALGOL based simulation language / by Ole-Johan Dahl and Kristen Nygaard. Oslo : Norsk regnesentral, 1966.
- Simula : an ALGOL-based simulation language / Ole-Johan Dahl and Kristen Nygaard. New York : Association for Computing Machinery, 1966. I: Communications of the ACM ; 9(1966).
- Class and subclass declarations / Ole-Johan Dahl and Kristen Nygaard. Amsterdam : North-Holland, c1968. I:Simulation programming languages : proceedings of the IFIP working conference on simulation programming languages, Oslo, May 1967 / O.-J. Dahl, conference chairman; organized by IFIP Technical Committee 2, programming languages ; edited by J.N. Buxton.
- Discrete event simulation languages / Ole-Johan Dahl. London : Academic Press, 1968. (Programming languages : NATO Advanced Study Institute / edited by G. Genuys.)
- SIMULA 67 : common base language / by Ole-Johan Dahl, Bjørn Myhrhaug and Kristen Nygaard. Oslo : Norsk regnesentral, 1968. (Publication S / Norwegian Computing Center ; 2) Rev. 1970: Common base language (Publ. ; 22).